The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approving Changes in Service Desk 4.5 SP 17

Highlighted
Anju
Regular Collector

Approving Changes in Service Desk 4.5 SP 17

Hello
We have 2 users whose person record is set up matching each other, assigned to the same role and both are listed as approvers to approve the change. One user is able to approve the change but for the other user the approval vote view is ready only. He cannot select Yes or No.

Note: Number of approvers required are 3 for the ticket and only 1 has approved it. This user in question is neither the requestor or initiator of the ticket. Approval Vote is a system view and not listed under security- role- to assign this view.

Can anyone help me understand why this user is getting the read only view. Is there a way to fix this.

Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Anju
3 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Approving Changes in Service Desk 4.5 SP 17

Hi
At the first of all for Activate Approval requared set ApprovalInitiator and Requestor.

Vasily
Anju
Regular Collector

Initiator and requestor are already there.
nkhan
Super Collector

I am having a very similar problem:

I have an approver, who is getting a (read only) approval box it wonâ t allow him to select yes to the change he needs to approve.

There are three approvers the other two approvers donâ t get this problem?

Also we believe it maybe specific to a certain change template?

Any ideas guys?

can you advise what you checked on each persons account and how you make this check?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event