The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval via Service Pages Question

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Approval via Service Pages Question

In our environment, permissions for Modify for Service Calls, Changes and Work Orders are exactly the same - "When assigned to user's workgroup". We have just started using the ability to approve tickets via Self Service Pages for Service Calls and have hit a snag. Users are getting an "access denied" message in SP when trying to approve a Service Call. They don't get that with Changes. Anyone have any ideas on this? What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Colleen
2 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: Approval via Service Pages Question

Colleen, I'm only guessing, but it may have to do with a required field for the SC that's not required in a CR... hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Re: Approval via Service Pages Question

Actually, I discovered the problem on my own - a stupid coding error. In the link for the email notification, I copied and pasted the link from the Change record and forgot to change the parameter, so I had "?vChange=[OID]" instead of "?vServicecall=[OID]". It's working now and the error makes sense now, too!

I apologize for bringing a stupid question to the forums!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event