cancel

Approval sheet process/SP access

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Winfield_2
Trusted Contributor.

Approval sheet process/SP access

We have an approval sheet set up in our forms that allows the CAB to vote on certain changes, however we also need certain members of the business the ability to vote on changes. They only use the SP and not the client. what do i need to check to ensure they are notified via email and the ability to vote using SP account?
cheers
5 REPLIES
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Approval sheet process/SP access

1) Make sure that the person records have "Send me an email when I need to approve a task" set to true.

2) make sure that you have specified your service pages server correctly in the General settings of the System panel.
Winfield_2
Trusted Contributor.

thanks have already checked those locations. have managed to figure it out.

thank you for your reply
Ivan Sakharov
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hi
1. Option "Send me e-mail If I need to approve an item" must be "on" in the card of person who will be approve Changes via SP. You can do that in the form of this person.
2. In admin console--system panel--email--email templates you must find template "change approval notification" and customize it with your system preferences (the main is to edit string http://yourSPwebserver.domain.com/sd-sp45...).
3. User must have common SP account
4. In the Change (when you open standard form "Change with approval") in "Approval" tab fill the fields Initiator, Approvers required (see users guide chapter "Approval"). Place your person in the list Approval votes. Make the "Approval status" to active.
5. Email will deliver to user with reference to SP and this specific Change
6. After clicking on this ref. User must authenticate to SP and will see Approval Page of this Change
Winfield_2
Trusted Contributor.

Ivans,

This information was most useful, thank you very much
Winfield_2
Trusted Contributor.

email template in email settings