Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Approval Voting login error

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

Approval Voting login error

I have one user getting the "No item found with this ID. Please enter an existing ID." error after logging in to vote via Self Service Pages. When I log in using the same link, I can get in fine, but when I use his id and password, I get the error, too. I can log into the main SSP with his ID, so I don't think it has to do with his account, but can't think of why he's getting this error.

We are on SP25 and I know there have been other successful web approval voting or I would have heard about it sooner. Any thoughts?

Also, he can vote with the client, but for the most part we have SD set up that if you aren't a member of the workgroup, you only have read access to the ticket - including approval voting, so we need the SSP approval voting working ASAP.

Thanks,
Colleen
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Approval Voting login error

Hi Colleen,

I think the java script used for approval voting login is not the same one that is used for main SSP. Has this script (approavl.jsp) been altered or are you using the standard one?

Is his account set up with the same roles as ones that work?

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

I have not touched any .jsp files! ;) I don't want to screw anything up.

As for his account, nothing has changed and he could do this before. Because everyone else can log in with their own accounts fine, I tend to think it's his account, but can't for the life of me figure out what's messing with it. My next plan would be to blow away his account and recreate it. Do you think that would have any effect?

Thanks,
Colleen
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

hi Colleen,

It was going to be my next suggestion - recreate his account but as you say I would have no idea if that would help.

It is worth a try though

Good luck, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Colleen Talbert
Super Contributor.

I tried blocking his account and creating a new one with the same rights, but that did not work either. I got the same error message.

Any other thoughts??

Thanks,
Colleen