Approval;Dedline is not honoured

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Approval;Dedline is not honoured

Hello folks,

We'd like to use the approval procedure in service desk so I started playing around with it more seriously. What I discovered, I didn't like at all. According to the help file:

<< NOTE: If the required number of Approvers have not entered votes by the end of the Approval period, the Approval status automatically changes to 'ready', but the Approval result is 'Rejected'. >>

I assume that the approval period is from registration of the approval to it's deadline. Well, SP13 does nothing. I opened yesterday a new test approval on a workorder (strategy 5 of 8) and set the deadline on 22/07/2005 20:00:00. I set the approval status to active and saved it. Today I opened the approval and it was still active and the approval result was "Incomple" while it shoube be "ready" and "rejected"

While it is trivial using schedul task to overcome this, should be work automatically? Am I doing something wrong? As I 've noticed, SP14 also excibits the same behaviour. Before opening a case to HP I would like to confirm it.
menes fhtagn
5 REPLIES
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Approval;Dedline is not honoured

yes same behaviour here George...the only way to do workaround it is with DB rules scheduled at 1 minute after deadline.

Keep me posted on this one i am interested in knowing what support says...
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you Michael,

I'm on my fist day of vacation and I would not contact HP before 08/08/2005. Since there is a probability that we do something wrong, I would like to have confirmation of this from as many people as possible.
menes fhtagn
Keshava Murthy
Super Contributor.

Hi George,

It is working in the same way as you said in sp14 also.

but if we write/use the rule to make the approval status=ready 1 min after deadline.

approval result will be calculated automatically.

i think that serves our purpose.

Regards,
Keshav
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi George,

Normally this would have to be system action but because of the scheduled nature of this rule it does not fit the system action profile and that is why it is a scheduled task.

Strange thing is that it is only available by default for the change item and that you have to manually create it for other items.

Otherwise it works as designed.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Unfortunately this doesn't work on changes either. I won't bother contacting HP since the workaround is trivial and seriously doupt if they do something.
menes fhtagn