Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Apply template facility on main menu for ess interface

Highlighted
Suchi_1
Trusted Contributor.

Apply template facility on main menu for ess interface

Hello,
As the ess user logs in to the main menu page i need option for choosing template of interaction there. Could be on the menu, on the form, a button or link or composite button.i.e. the APPLY TEMPLATE button functionality(not submit a request)as user logs in, then choosing the template leads to ess.sd.open page to fill other fields if required and submit the interaction.

Please help
3 REPLIES
Suchi_1
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Apply template facility on main menu for ess interface

Hello People,
I want to bring APPLY TEMPLATE functionality for interactions to the main menu for ess users.

Please help..........
neo jax
Honored Contributor.

hello suchi
first go to command line and type fd press enter
under form designer look for ESS form there create a button with the name you wanted(in your case APPLY Template) and assign in properties according to that which will direct you to the change you need to make in ESSSM menu how those changes can be made
go to command line type menu there
under menu search for ESSSM and realte that button properties there
regards
neo
never say die
Suchi_1
Trusted Contributor.

Hello,
I have tried that.. in menu i tried wizard.run and the parameter as 'name' and parameter value as 'template.editvalue',also tried 'template.select'.If I place the button in ess.sd.open form and in RAD option try this 'wizard.run' it works.

I think the problem is: menu is not a form related to incident table i mean interaction is not yet created so it does not know where to input the values or something of that sort.