The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server and service pages server on same system

Highlighted
aks3183
Regular Collector

Application server and service pages server on same system

Hi,

i have installed application server and service pages on the same system. Will it create any problem? Because when i try to login with the administrator account in the service pages i am not able to login and i get a message "failed reading response from the server". Can anyone guide me in this?
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Application server and service pages server on same system

Hello Akash,

You should have no problems. We also have installed service pages on the machine that host the application server.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

To configure the service pages you should modify SERVICEPAGES_INSTALL_ROOT\webapps\sd-sp45\WEB-INF\web.xml
menes fhtagn
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have done the same in the past and things ran on. You can change the weighting to have a lower number of client logons to the server running service pages and app server if you are running multiple app servers.

I have attached a solution that you could try but before have you confirmed that the same SP has been installed for the service pages as for the application server and database?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event