The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append data from Inbound e-mail

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Append data from Inbound e-mail

Hello,

is there any way to append data to a field using Inbound mail ? Currently, all data given in the message body like "Description=Something" causes all existing data in the field are replaced.

I'll appreciate any info leading to the solution. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

Ondra
4 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Append data from Inbound e-mail

use another attribute to update it with new info via e-mail and use a db rule to concatenate (append) this new info (value of this additional attribute) to you attribute that must keep all updates
Frans_F
Honored Contributor

Hello Ondra Roman is right using anothe attribute/field is a simple solution. Make sure these extra fields are of the same type(ie text) else concatenating via a rule may not be possible. I know of some implementations where they actually use this setup also for normal clients. Having the information field as a entry field and the info concatenated (on save) via a DB rule to the custom 64Kb field.
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but I didn't get any answers to my question when I asked it earlier and I thought that you may be able to help because you are using the email update method?

The manual says use BEGIN and END to isolate the part of the email message to be used for updating HPOV. This is when you have an email system that automatically attaches signatures and disclaimers.

But I can't get it to work!

Has anybody used Begin and END successfully?

If so in what format?

By the way we have also used the seperate field method to append to Information History and it works very well.

Thanks

Many thanks for your responses, I will try it !
Cheers,
Ondra
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event