Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append Information field with assignment person name with current date & time

Highlighted
Payal Rathod
Regular Collector

Append Information field with assignment person name with current date & time

Hi,
My Requirment is to Append Information field with assignment person name with current date & time every time when the call is modified by different assignee.

By going through all the previous thread regarding this issues. I have done the following steps but not success.
We have SD4.5 with SP17
Created the DB rule:
Steps:
1) Added work log Tab field on service call page
2) Added work log as a custom field .
3) When the service call is created or modified
When Information f(*) is anything
Timestamp (Update data) Work log set to (Concatenate with (Concatenate $DD$/$MM$/$YYYY$ $HH$:$MI$ With (Concatenate - - With (Concatenate [Registration Modified by Display name] With (Concatenate With (Concatenate [Information] With [Work Log])))));Inforamtion set to (Make Empty)

Pls send me the step by step procedure to make this enabled

Regards,
Payal
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Append Information field with assignment person name with current date & time

Hi there,

Not sure why it is not working but here are a couple of points:

1. You say it does not work - does it do none of the above or just some?
2. Did you have rule debug on? If so what messages appeared for the rule in the lgfile? If not, put rule debug on and try and then check again.
3. When we do this, we put the empty Information in a separate DB rule and ensure it is the last DB to be obeyed.

Hope something here helps

Ruth

PS you did not assign any points on your other posting - it is usual to assign points if something helps
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Append Information field with assignment person name with current date & time

Hi,

as Ruth suggested take out the Inforamtion set to (Make Empty) and put it in a seperate Db rule to the bottom of the DB rule list. I find putting the Inforamtion set to (Make Empty) in the rule itself causes the info update not to be created.
Payal Rathod
Regular Collector

Hi,

How to put rule debug on ?? On which path logfile is stored??

Payal
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event