Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Alerting machanism for tickets created in OVSD 4.5

Highlighted
Koijam Baleshwo
Respected Contributor.

Alerting machanism for tickets created in OVSD 4.5

Hi Folks,
Is there any machanism or any configuration that can be made for alerting for tickets created. the tickets are of very high severity and they are generated by the Probes, i want an alerting mechanism so that the users are alerted even before the tickets are arrived, really in a great need for this one, please do assist and share me some thougts.

Thanks in advance,
Koijam
5 REPLIES
John.Cook1980
Respected Contributor.

Re: Alerting machanism for tickets created in OVSD 4.5

Koijam,

Are you wanting your alert to advise the person who requested the call to be raised?

I use SP23 so i slightly different version to you. I believe there is an out of the box alert to advise the user. But you can set up a database rule. Do you need this for all call types?

John
Koijam Baleshwo
Respected Contributor.

John let me explain my requirement. We have a team who monitor these incident in OVSD. Keeping eyes on the ovsd all the time is not possible hence i prefer an alerting mechanism from the OVSD that alerts the person who is monitoring the OVSD for incidents created. The main aim is to reduce the time taken to track the receipient of any incident.
My second requirement is regarding the service calls, i need an alert whenever any changes are made to the service calls. Hope you got my requirements now. Please let me know.

Regards,
Koijam
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

We do this via SMS, using an SMS email service. So when auto-Incident is created in OVSD of given priority, then a DB rule sends a short "email" to the SMS address. (In our case the email address would be mobile@messagenet.com.au where "mobile" is the mobile number, and messagenet is the Email / SMS service provider we use).

The only trick is knowing which mobile to send to - we work out which on-call group the Incident should be assigned to based on the CI or type of Incident, and the On-call group has an SMS field stored in the workgroup record.
Works really well provided your Email system delivers the "email" quickly to the SMS provider, and the SMS Provider quickly converts that to SMS.
There are also fancier products that do this and take account of rosters etc - like Telalert...but I've not used these.
Hope that helps.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
If you like monitoring the changes in SC - this is one task, notifications - the second.

Function of monitoring possible be do by system, but for this tasks need create a rule(s) for monitoring or you describe in rule fields where you are listining the changes in fields or you doing this is direct in SQL aas resutl(action) need change the field. the result field possible be as Code, Number or boolean. Code or number field select if you like heva more the Y/N stages of changes.

The messages(notifications): create db rule(s) with conditions from result field(Code, number or boolean). And additional, need change the view in SD where use result field as condition for paint or just as groupping.

Vasily
Koijam Baleshwo
Respected Contributor.

Hi Ken and Vasily,

Thanks for your suggestion, Hope i will get my solution from ur replies.
let me work on them and see whether i can get the desired solution. Will contact u later all.

Regards,
koijam