cancel

Adding person field to Service Call form

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Paul Browne_2
Trusted Contributor.

Adding person field to Service Call form

Hi. We're still on SP15 so I don't know if this has been made any easier in the latest patch...

I want to add another person field to the Service Call form. The reason being that I want to be able to log the call to Caller as usual, but have another field called Customer for cases such as HR asking for a change to a user's job title, access rights, etc. I will then use the Customer field in automated emails, while still having the HR person as the Caller. At the moment I am not able to add Person to the Service Call form Attributes and thereby drag the extra field onto the form. Is this possible at all?

Paul
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Adding person field to Service Call form

Hello Paul,

There is a custom person field available. Assuming that you haven't used it already, go to system panel/data/custom fields/service call, find it from the list (it should be listed IIRC as SER_CUSTOMPERSON) and enable it. Check in what categories you want this field to be activated and modify the forms to have this field.

If you have used the custom person field you're out of luck unless upgrade to SP18 or greater. But if you do that you won't be able to upgrade to SD 5.1 and you must wait for SD 5.2.
menes fhtagn
Paul Browne_2
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, George. I had tried using that field but foolishly didn't enable it. D'oh!

Paul
Adeel Mehmood
Respected Contributor.

Hi ,

your message helped me alot .butr i am unable to find
CUSTOM Person Field in my SD .
I have SD 4.5 SP17 installed .is this feature avaiable in this Version or i have to upgrade it .
Best regrads
Adeel mehmood
Alok Shrotri
Honored Contributor.

Hi Adeel,
If you go to Data -> Custom Fields->Service Call->Entity Reference, you should be able to see Sc. Person 1.

I have SP20 and this works for me. Not sure if you can find in SP17.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Alok
Adeel Mehmood
Respected Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for your Quick response . i have attached the Screen Shot .i m unable to See the Custom Person field.

should i upgrade my SD to SP 18 or above to get this feature.

advise required

thanks
Adeel mehmood
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Adeel,

Have you already enabled the person custom field in your case, naming it E-mail to ?

In this case, you may need to upgrade to an SP that allows you to create new custom fields.

-Josh