The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding history lines to multiple objects

Highlighted
James Mohr

Adding history lines to multiple objects

Hi All!

I would like to be able to add a history line to multiple objects, by marking them and then selecting update all. I have seen a trick to write to a speficif field and get a database rule to trigger, thus adding the history line. Another suggestion was to trigger an external (java) program to add the history line. I was hoping for a somewhat more direct approach.

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated.

We have SD 4.5 SP8

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
4 REPLIES
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Adding history lines to multiple objects

Hello Jimmo,

The history lines are available for the selected attributes in OVSD.
In the "Administrator Console" window the list of attribute supported is available at:
Security -> Audit -> Audit.

The external java application (using web-api) can be triggered to add history line. I have checked the Configuration Item web-api which supports adding history line:
void addHistoryLine(IHistoryLineConfiguration value)
Add a IHistoryLineConfiguration to the set of HistoryLines.

We are planning to develop adding history line for change in relationship in Configuration Item.

Regards,
Ganesha Sridhara
James Mohr

Hi Ganesha!

Unfortunately your response did not address the problem. As I said, "I was hoping for a somewhat more direct approach" than using an external application or a database trigger. I am aware of both of these methods. I would like to be able to add a history line to multiple objects, by marking them and then selecting update all.

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
Ganesha Sridhar
Esteemed Contributor

The adding history line to OVSD objects is very much limited, and is available to limited set of attribute. The history line is not added for change in the object like CI Relationship etc.
The best way is to have some xml / property file for which you want to enable the history logging in the OVSD objects.

The default OVSD configuration may not help in adding history line, so I think some development is required to enable advance level of adding history line in OVSD.

HTH

Regards,
Ganesha Sridhara
Liau Hsiang Yin
Regular Collector

hi all,
I would like to add history line in Service Call from external database like Oracle. I have a table named, Service which records all the engineer activities per case. I would like to add those information to Service Call History via Data Exchange.

How should I configure the ini file and Import Mapping? I haved tried a few times but failed.

Million Thanks.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event