cancel

Adding Customer(Caller) Field to the To Do Overview

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Carlos Thompson
Respected Contributor.

Adding Customer(Caller) Field to the To Do Overview

I am getting a lot of requests from users to be able to add the Customer(or Caller) field of the Support Request form to a column that can be used to sort with from the To Do Overview in HPOVSD v4.5SP11.

Please help! I cannot find this field to add in when customzing the To Do Overview view.
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Adding Customer(Caller) Field to the To Do Overview

Hello Carlos,

What is "To Do Overview"?

If it is what I think (Service Today) you cannot add caller, since the caller field doesn't exist in every entity.

What you can do is to copy Caller to "Requestor" and present requestor instead (requestor is a common field in all entities)
menes fhtagn
Carlos Thompson
Respected Contributor.

Yes, "To Do Overview" is "Service Today" I beleive. We are using HPOVSD system setup by APM (http://www.alignability.com/) which has changed all the names to something else which makes everything so confusing when relating back to HP. Such as "Requestor" on the Change Form has been renamed to "Coordinator", "Servicecall" Item is "Support Request", "Incident" Item is "Alarm", etc.

So I do the copying on the Servicecall form via a UI Rule correct? I'm *not* even seeing the "Requestor" field as an option to add to the "Service Today" view...please explain a litte more if you can. thx Carlos

Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
We use too APM, and solve this problem as rename ApprovalInitiator to Impacted Customer. Rule next:
When support request is created or modified
where Customer (*) is anything
Set SR Impacted Customer (Update data) Impacted Customer set to [Customer],
Set WO impacted customer (Update data) Work Orders;Impacted Customer set to [Customer],

Vassili