Add a timespan to deadline using support hours

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Alex_389
Trusted Contributor.

Add a timespan to deadline using support hours

Hi!

I need to calculate Deadline for specific ServiceCalls using formula Deadline = Registered + 16.

When using Add a timespan function I receive Dedalines that are on weekend i.e. if ServiceCall is registered on Friday.

Is there any way to calculate dealine using support hours?

Regards
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Add a timespan to deadline using support hours

Hello Alex,

The duration type fields that take SLA into account are Actual Duration, Open Duration and if Configured at server settings "Planned Duration"

Unfortunately Open Duration is read only.

So you have two options, either set deadline = actual finish where actual start = reg;created and duration = 16 or set deadline = planned finish where planned start=reg;created and planned duration = 16

In any case you have to make sure that SLA is set before trying to do that thing or else the calculation will be 24x7 based.

To force Planned Duration to take SLA into account check "Planned Calculation uses Service Level for Servicecalls and Incidents, otherwise 24x7" on tab [Application] of General Settings on administrator console.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Alternative you can use "Service Call priority Duration settings", to my knowledge this takes SLA into account.

Combined with Impact vs Priority on Service Level definition, this could do the job.
menes fhtagn
Alex_389
Trusted Contributor.

I can't use Priority duration settings cause they are used for "normal" ServiceCalls and have different duration.
Alex_389
Trusted Contributor.

Ok
looks like setting Service, Actual Start=Registered and Max Duration=16 works fine.
Thanks for alternative point of view :))

Regards, Alexey
Alex_389
Trusted Contributor.

looks like setting Service, Actual Start=Registered and Max Duration=16 works fine.
Thanks for alternative point of view :))

Points to George M. Menegakis (as usual)

Regards, Alexey