The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action to call value in text fields.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Pinion
HPE Expert

Action to call value in text fields.

Please help!!! :'(

I have the one custom text 40 fields is "Previous Status". And I have one UI rule that say.
After an item has been opened
where NOT (Status equals Pending)
Previous Status set to Status (Update Data) Previous Status set to [Status]

And for pending status have a limit status to it self.

My condition is when status is pending. I need to use smart action call "Resume Status"

it's mean that how to put application to call value in the Previous Status fields?
-/\-
4 REPLIES
Pinion
HPE Expert

Re: Action to call value in text fields.

First of all, I would like to know if I need to update status of change ticket by using smart action like an Update Allâ ¦, and I has created one text fields â Previous Statusâ to serve this condition.

After an item has been opened
where NOT (Status equals Pending)
Previous Status set to Status (Update Data) Previous Status set to [Status]

And for pending status have a limit status to it self.

How can I create the smart action to call value from â Previous Statusâ to replace the status fields?
-/\-
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

I think it would be very difficult to do this with a smart action. A different approach would be to have another status to be used as a temporary value (say call it "Pending over" and this triggers UI rules which use the value in Previous Status to to derive the actual status you want.

For example,
When value has changed, where Previous Status contains "Active", action - update data - status set to Active,

This would mean you would have as many UI rules as there are possible statuses but unless you have a very large number this should be OK.

Note you would have to amend your "Previous Status" rule to say
where NOT (Status equals Pending or Pending Ended).

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

I think it would be very difficult to do this with a smart action. A different approach would be to have another status to be used as a temporary value (say call it "Pending over" and this triggers UI rules which use the value in Previous Status to to derive the actual status you want.

For example,
When value has changed, where Previous Status contains "Active", action - update data - status set to Active,

This would mean you would have as many UI rules as there are possible statuses but unless you have a very large number this should be OK.

Note you would have to amend your "Previous Status" rule to say
where NOT (Status equals Pending or Pending Ended).

Hope this helps

Ruth
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

Sorry for the double post - I got a "not available" response when I pressed submit so tried again.

Regards

Ruth
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event