Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Action running command on remote server

Highlighted
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

Action running command on remote server

Hi all

I have SD 4.5 running on W2K. Is it possible to create an action that run a command (e.g. opcmsg) on a remote server? I know it is possible to create a tool in OVO. However this action is intended for our first-line support so it would be more convenient to run it from ServiceDesk.

Helge
5 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Re: Action running command on remote server

to run a command you have to add application (business logic - applications) then to create smart action that uses this application with specific parameters
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

if you want to run command on a remote server - you have to install SD agent on this server. Allow it in windows firewall. In smart action specify this remote host
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your reply. I had already defined opcmsg as an application and the agent is installed on the reomote host. However I am not sure how to define the remote host when trying to create the smart action. Can you help me ?

rgds
Helge
Raman Shcharbak
Honored Contributor.

Sorry, I was mistaken. You can specify remote host in Exec Command Action in rules. But there is no such option in Smart Action unless your command that runs program on localhost can accept remote host as an argument and connect to it (via sd agent, or RPC if supported) to perform required action.
Helge Langholm
Super Contributor.

Hi Roman,

I have solved the problem using a different approach, creating a tool in OVOW instead.

Regards
Helge