The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access restriction for closed calls

Highlighted
jayaramu
Regular Collector

Access restriction for closed calls

I need to grayout the closed calls so that the user cannot modify any of the fields. I am following some procedure, I want to know whether I am moving in right path. please go through the attachment to understand the same and give the solution.

And also I need to know is there any filed in the SD to check the name of the loggedin person so that I can use that field and write some DB/UI rules which helps in better customization.
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Access restriction for closed calls

Hi,

there is no attachment but the easiset thing is to set the folder of the call to a ifferent folder that the users only have view access to.

What are yuo trying to do with the logged in user name? There may be a few possibilities
Tim Schmitt_4
Frequent Visitor

We created a status named resolved in addition to the closed status and then set the roles so the all roles have status entitilement access from registered to resolved but do not have access to closed.

Once the call is resolved, we have a database rule that moves it to closed. After a call enters the closed status, the user no longer has access to edit the item (since closed is outside of the status entitlements for the role).

For use creating a new folder is another good idea. We use the folder to denote the business segment which issued the call so changing the folder was not an option, although it may work in your organization.
jayaramu
Regular Collector

Please look into the attachment.
Sreek_1
Collector

Hi,

Create a security folder "X". then move all closed calls to that folder using UI rule. Give only view permission to that folder "X".

This will work...

Sreekanth.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event