Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Ability to extract details of Users and the Workgroups they are assigned to

Highlighted
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Ability to extract details of Users and the Workgroups they are assigned to

Is it possible to extract details from HPOVSD to include the name of users and the workgroups that they are members of? So far I have looked at using Advanced Find and Views and can't get the details from two sources to come together. Any thoughts?
I am a user of HPOVSD 4.5 with SP23

Thanks
John
9 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Ability to extract details of Users and the Workgroups they are assigned to

You may want to try to use tree view where on clicking on user in tree you'd see a list of Workgroups (s)he is member of (not sure this will work). What I know will work for sure is reporting directly from the database...
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, it does work. I have a View like that in the Workgroup module.

Use 'Member Person' as the Navigation parameter (show as Tree for the Person name only or create/select a View that contains the fields you need to display), then select a Base View of your choice for the information you need to display about the Workgroups.

Points are welcome.

The Pike
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Thanks for your support thus far. I have been unable to select Member Person as it wasn't visible. Also select tree as the view type didn't present the fields I need to see. Hoping you can shed some further light on this for me.

Regards
John
Alexander Kriku
Honored Contributor.

hi there,

try the following trick:
get the value of ent_oid by running the sql-query:
select ent_name, ent_oid from ifc_entities where ent_name like '%member%'

then go to the sd_client application, right-click on the shortcut pane, select "add shortcut" and paste the oid value in the file/url box.
thus you'll get the list of workgroups with its members

the original description:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1141699

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

John,

Are you sure are trying to build the View as described? Member Person is visible for the system account.

Make sure you are creating the View in the Workgroup module.

Again, if the Tree View does not display everything you need, you can create a different View and use it in its stead. The same goes for the Base View.

I prefer the way data is shown in the Explorer View better than using the relations View trick.

The Pike
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Pike, I am not able to see Member Person. If I go into the admin cosole I select Presentation > Views > Workgroup. I then select a new view where type equals explorer, please see the screen shot I have attached for details of what I see. If I select Table or Tree I do have a view summary however Member Person isn't visible.

Alexander I have not tried your method. When I do I will assign you points for your help

Regards
John
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

John,

The attachment only shows the first screenie. Were you not curious enough to click Other Explorer View Settings?

After this, the instructions in my first post should make sense to you.

You may want to search for 'Explorer view' in the application's help files...

The Pike
John Cook Vocal
Super Contributor.

Pike, I've followed your instructions and played with the available options however I don't get a complete list of users. For example I see one team but only four of the persons are visible. The person accounts are not blocked or marked inactive. The number of records that can be displayed are not restricted. I can't see any logical reason at the moment why all person records are not displayed
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

How about you post screenies of both the View config. and the View itself as displayed in the UI?

I just installed the application on a virtual machine to run some tests and used it to make sure this works out-of-the-box. Take a look at my screenshots.

The Pike