Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for integrating SD 4.5 with Blackberry phone device

Highlighted
mathur
Regular Collector

API for integrating SD 4.5 with Blackberry phone device

Hi,

System handle is Sd 4.5 on windows platform with SP 20.

In this regard I want to know if there is any API avaialble for this so that Blackberry device can talk to Service Desk.

Early reply on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Crystenia
6 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: API for integrating SD 4.5 with Blackberry phone device

the SD4.5 api is java-based.
if you can use your blackberry device to connect to, say, service pages, you could develop an even 'lighter' version than can be easily used through a mobile device.
mathur
Regular Collector

Hi,

Sorry I am unable to understand.

Regards,
Crystenia
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

There is no (AFAIK) out-of-the-box integration of SD with BB - so you need to create it.

What should the integration provide? WEB access to ServiceCalls, Incidents, etc.? You have ServicePages for that - I hope BB can open web browser.

Or you want to write some special BB application? Then you need to use SD's API which is Java based. Can you run Java on BB?
mathur
Regular Collector

Hi,

Yes BB can support Java. Actually our top management wants same feel of console which we get by installign SD client.

We have done lot many changes in SD console but do not have expertise to replicate the same on service pages.

What all API's we should share with BkackBerry vendor.

Regards,
Crystenia

Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

SD's API is a object API allowing you to retrieve, create, modify and delte objects stored in ServiceDesk. It itself does not provide any GUI - you need to build some functionality on top of that. For exampe Service Pages are built using this API.

If you want to have some tailored interface available through BB you basically have 2 options:

1) Create a tailored application GUI application on top of SD'API

2) Create a WEB application using SD's API that will serve HTML pages that will be viewed on BB. For this have a look at Service Pages as a sample - it can be modified to suit your needs.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

I accessed service pages from my ipod, just for kicks. It worked pretty well as you can see from the attached pic.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event