Did you mean: 

ACES Import Conundrum

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jeff Lawrence
Collector

ACES Import Conundrum

So I have a service desk set up and i want to move it over to a new serer. I set up the server, I set up the SQL database, I set up Service Desk and I use ACES to import my data from the first service desk. The problem is that it doesnt import everything - views are missing, roles are missing, rules are screwed up. DO I HAVE TO USE THE EXISTING SERVICE DESK DATABASE FOR THE ACES TO WOR???
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ACES Import Conundrum

Hello Jeff,

Why don't you export the old database and import it to the new sql server? Then point the new application server to the new database server and it would work as the old!
menes fhtagn
Jeff Lawrence
Collector

I would give that a shot but i dont have the original database AND can not get it

So is the ACES feature totally useless in this situation?!
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

It might be extremely difficult to use ACES in this situation. This is because ACES used the OIDs of objects to move them and unless your objects have identical OIDs on both sides, it won't work.

However, many times you need to run the import through multiple iterations to get everything. This might help you.

When you finally have a newly configured database, make a copy of that database and then you can reliably use ACES to move objects from one to the other.

-Josh
Jeff Lawrence
Collector

wow - there should be a HUGE disclaimer on the ACES tool!
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Actually, the way in which ACES is intended to work IS documented by HP. Its just that most of us learn the hard way.

-Josh
Jeff Lawrence
Collector

I did learn the hard way... i will close the case.
Jeff Lawrence
Collector

there is no fix...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event