A simple question: " in tree with root"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

A simple question: " in tree with root"

Hellow, friends!

What can you make the operator "in tree with root"?

Example: I have a Chart view where all the calls are shown by Specialyst. Though, the total Work Orders quantity is different of the total Work Orders quantity on the other view (All Work Orders Table)...

What do you think abou this?

Regards,

Marcela.
5 REPLIES
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: A simple question: " in tree with root"

Any answer?

Thanks,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Marcela

using the "In tree with root" operator will show in a view or a chart (havent set up a chart with this operator yet but I guess it's the same) all child items related to the attribute e.g.
if you have a parent workgroup and this contains 10 child workgroups (as related) and use the operator to filter on the parent workgroup name with operator "In tree with root" and set group by to "Assignment to Workgroup" you will get a list of all the workgroups listed under the parent workgroup (and details of what ever fileter / view was applied.

I think this works the same for a chart when using the operator to filter data.
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Alo Marcela,
This feature may be used in Advanced Find.
When specifying criteria based on fields that contain hierarchical values, use the operators "equals" and "not equal to" for searches based on the particular value specified in the Value field. Use the operators "in tree with root" and "not in tree with root" for searches based on values equal to or below the hierarchical root specified in the Value field.
Regards,
RA
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hellow, Friends!!!

Mark/Rubem,

I undertand what you said but let´s think abou this: I have a view where I utilize the "not equal to" for the eight persons and this view show the rest persons,ok? Well, the Service Calls quantity is different when I utilize the "in tree root operator" e the same All Service Calls table is defined for the two views. Though, the First view (not equal to ) show 471 calls and the second view (in tree root) show 415 calls. Where are the others 56 missed calls?

Regards,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

sounds like using the 2 different operators is giving different values because the operators are filtering different things.
Even though the "All Service Calls table is defined for the two views" using dfferent operators will more than likley mean different results.

Post details of both filters and I can have a look.