Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64k field problems

Highlighted
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

64k field problems

I'm running SD 4.5 on SP14, (in this instance).

Within the Problem module we have activated the custom 64k text field and put it on the form ect.

We want to use it as an audit trail type field, the old method of making it read only and having another 4k text field to input into, then a DB rules concatenates from the small field to the big field etc. etc., (I'm sure you know what I'm taking about...).

Anyway, there seems to be a problem in this instance with accessing the 64k field.

When I try to create a DB rule to concatenate to the 64k field, I can choose the field from the list of fields but choosing it does not activate the button to the right to allow me to define what should happen!!

I think this may be a problem with the database? I say this because we have another 64k field in the Incident module doing exactly the same think without problems.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: 64k field problems

Hi Peter,

Try the following as a possible work round;

Select another text field and set up the action with that. Then go back and alter the other text field with your 64K one.

Worth a try!

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

any chance of a screen shot please?
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Ruth,

Tried the workaround and at first I thought it was going to work but, when I clicked the "Add To List" button the field name was removed and the rest of the statement was added!

Mark,

It running on a lower SP than I have on my PC and so to run the client I have to remote onto the Apps Server and run the client from there, (not ideal I know), and there's no real applications istalled to do a screen capture with....I'll try to work something out....

Any other thoughts?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

you could use ctrl and print screen to capture the whole screenand paste into mspaint and edit from there.

Anyway screenshot not required. I have a picture in my head of the situation.

I had come across this some time ago (not sure if it was the 64k field or something else) but I don't seem to have recorded what I did in the situation duh...

Is there another system that you can launch a client from and try again.

Can you stop and restart the app servers and try again (you never know)!!
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

If it is as you suspect that the DB has something a bit iffy here, you might want to get your DBA to have a look.

Here is some SQL I have used on SQL server to get the activated custom fields which might help you to have a look and see if there is any wierd about the 64k filed in question.

select ENT_NAME 'Item', LAL_TEXT 'Field Name', COL_NAME 'Column ', LBL_JAVA_CONSTANT 'Label', ATT_NAME 'Type'
from IFC_ATTRIBUTES, IFC_ENTITIES, IFC_ATTRIB_TYPES, IFC_COLUMNS, REP_LABELS_LOCALE, REP_LABELS
where atr_custfieldact != '0'
and ATR_CUSTOMFIELD != 0
and ATR_ENT_OID = ENT_OID
and ATT_OID = ATR_ATT_OID
and ATR_OID = COL_ATR_OID
and LAL_LBL_OID = LBL_OID
and ATR_LBL_OID = LBL_OID
ORDER by LAL_TEXT
;

Regards, Ruth
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Mark,

I have tried from another PC which is running the client, in the normal way, still no joy, I will try restarting the services and let you know.

Ruth,

I have ran the SQL, (with a couple of amendments for Oracle) and the field in question was listed?

I may have to raise this with HP?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Yes - looks like one for HP

Good luck, regards, Ruth
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

NO!

I fixed it!

There was one record of this type (Problem), when I looked at it it seemed as though the field itself had somehow part of the rule in it???

I deleted the record, changed the name of the field, restarted the services and when I went back in everything seems fine.

I have created the rule and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the input guys and girls.
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Mark,

Awarded you some more points on your earlier coment because I think the restart of services did have something to do with it.

Thanks.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

I don't know how else to contact you but I have just received an email from your service desk! I know I was in your DB about 3 years ago when fox did the original work but I was surprised.

No problem but thought you might want to know

Regards, Ruth
Peter Dent
Frequent Visitor

Ruth,

Please can you forward the email to me:

peter.dent@nhs.net

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event