5.1 SP3 Experiences?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
AndrewB
Super Contributor.

5.1 SP3 Experiences?

Hi all,

We are in the planning stages of rolling out 5.1, SP3. Does anyone have any experience with this to date? Pros, cons, gottchas? I will be happy to post our experiences as the rollout moves forward.

Thanks…Andrew
5 REPLIES
Gerry Allardice
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: 5.1 SP3 Experiences?

Andrew,
We have just cutover a client to SD5.1 SP3 who is using Incident,Change and Config management. Servicepages as well.

We have the thing working pretty ok now though it only about 14 concurrent users.

SP3 is the only way to go in my opinion.

You really need to undertand that change on value and open item UI rules fire as if they are DB rules in SD5. This is documented in SP3 release notes. This is very confuing if you dont know about it.

Regards
Gerry
Bhuvnesh
Honored Contributor.

Hi Andrew,
I recently upgraded our Service desk to SP3. I must say that upgrade was smooth.. no problems faced. On the contrary it solved one of the key issue we had faced.
We recently started using SLM and registered users as the receipients.After this users were not able to create new service calls throguh Service Pages. I later found that this is a bug which could be fixed only by SP3. Hence planned the upgrade..

So if your environment uses SLM.. SP3 indeed is the only option. Even otherwise I see only pros and no cons of upgrading.

Regards,
Bhuvnesh
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did anyone upgrade to 5.1 Sp3 with an Oracle backend ?
I am having issues with some Oracle versions and not other, and would like to compare notes.
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Andrew,

This is the first patch we successfully applied without massive catastrophic consequence... so its got that going for it I guess. It also seems to have finally fixed our severe license duplication issue.

Now here's something I've been meaning to ask my fellow OVSD 5.1 victims. I could swear up and down pre-SP3 we had a space on the Incident screen that stored relationships to Service Calls. I know I've used this on two Incidents in particular. Post Sp3 theres a field called "Service Event" which I'm not sure is the same thing. Whether or not its the same thing, those relationships are nowhere to be found, and HP's convinced I'm on crack.

Can anyone else check and see on their end?
AndrewB
Super Contributor.

Thank you everyone for you responses - points will be assigned :) I am glad to hear that it is not too problematic as we are still on SP1 and looking for some stability.

-=R=-,
I have attached a screenshot of the OOTB Incident form - relations tab. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Just as an fyi, when I dragged this form across to my second monitor I got a Java OutOfBoundsException. Did anybody test this product? It is pretty sad really.

Cheers...Andrew