Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

4.5 Sp17 - com.hp.ifc.io.AppStreamException

Highlighted
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

4.5 Sp17 - com.hp.ifc.io.AppStreamException

After upgrading from SP15 to SP17 get the following error...

"Failed reading repsonse from server. Nested exception is: com.hp.ifc.io.AppStreamException. Unable to deserialize an object"

When trying to relate a CI to a System Incident. Some users even get this when they just try to open a CIs.

Having got the error, they suddenly have multiple sessions against the App server. These disappear when the client is closed.

Restarting the service hasn't helped.

Anyone seen this before.
6 REPLIES
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: 4.5 Sp17 - com.hp.ifc.io.AppStreamException

Hi,

try adjusting the memory settings on the application server:

http://openview.hp.com/sso/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM005569

raman
gjaimeg
Regular Contributor.

Hi
I have the same problem. I can´t see the document. Could anybody attach the document or is there another solution?
Thanks

regards

David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I ended up logging a call with HP and they have provide us with a post SP7 hotfix.

We also found a work around before getting the hotfix installed - we have 2 folders and giving people read at the top level for CIs via their role resolved the issue. This did mean that the 2 groups could see each others CIs though.

see
http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008133

Cheers
Marwa5
Contributor.

Hi All,
I have below error on start application server so please help urgent:
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hp OpenView service desk 4.5
Copyright (c) 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. All Rights Reserved
booting...............running
com.hp.ifc.io.AppStreamException: Write failed due to: Connection reset by peer:
socket write error
at com.hp.ifc.io.AppDataStream.writeError(Unknown Source)

Thanks
Marwa5
Contributor.

Hi All,
I have this error java.lang.NullPointerException while trying to save a new Incident Classification code in the Administrator console.

Please help

David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Marwa,

Sorry i can't help with those. They are probably totally different errors. Start a new thread if you haven't already done so. Also try looking at the list of fixes in future service packs in case it is a known issue. If it is resolved you should be able to get a hotfix from HP (if you don't want to do the whole service pack).

Good luck