Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.5 SP17 - Use of E-Mail Templates

Highlighted
Trevor Sandry
Super Collector

4.5 SP17 - Use of E-Mail Templates

I am setting up change approvals in SP17 and have the new E-Mail templates available to me, but cannot make the change approval notification template fire off a mail, do I have to use a Database rule to do this? If so how, as I cannot seem to make this link. I have approval groups set up and can make the thread work to get back into the system from this link, but just cannot get the mail out to my approvers. Help appreciated. Thanks
3 REPLIES
David Borojevic
Frequent Visitor

Re: 4.5 SP17 - Use of E-Mail Templates

I think, but hopefully someone that is more sure can confirm or correct me, that the approvals email uses the url of the Service Pages. This is because approvals will sometimes (or maybe often) involve persons (from the business) that do not have the full accounts.

So if you have service pages up and running you need to fill in the System Panel, General Settings - application tab.

Cheers
Trevor Sandry
Super Collector

David,

Thanks for this it has certainly set me off down the service pages route but still struggling at the moment.

Trevor
Trevor Sandry
Super Collector

Found the solution eventually, the Service Pages Server Host Name was incorrectly entered. Thanks for the steer David.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event