The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 OVSD 5.0 SP1 Mgmt Servers do not see each other, and fail-over don't work

Highlighted
CSTung
Super Collector

2 OVSD 5.0 SP1 Mgmt Servers do not see each other, and fail-over don't work

My customer has 2 OVSD Management Servers connecting the same network segment. Both Servers are running OVSD 5.0 SP1. The Primary Server (xxx.xxx.xxx.101) has been installed with "default insatllation" option, while the Secondary Server (xxx.xxx.xxx.102) has been installed with "Secondary server (without Certificate Server)" option.

Customer wants to deploy load-balancing and fail-over funtions between these 2 servers.

The OVSD services are running and all certifcates are running at both Servers. When I launch the Object Server Monitor dialog window, both servers do not see each other under connections tab. The failure-over function does not work either.

But I can launch the OVSD GUI Console and connect to the CMDB from the Secondary Server.

Does anyone come accross this issue? Should I use "default installation/Secondary server" or "Secondary server (without Certificate Server)" option when I insatlled the OVSD SP1 Server components on the 2nd Server?

Please advise. Thank you for your kind attention.
1 REPLY
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: 2 OVSD 5.0 SP1 Mgmt Servers do not see each other, and fail-over don't work

Hi Danny,

go to the Edit Server Settings and in the General tab select the box for Join Multiple Servers - this will "load balance" the 2 servers in that if one application server is not available the other should be to accept console requests. Make sure the both are are accessing the same database.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event