Security Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzing CVE-2015-1635 from cause to cure

Re: Analyzing CVE-2015-1635 from cause to cure

SasiSiddharth

Thank you Bart12366 for pointing out this feature. Yes, IIS does allow kernel caching of dynamic files, but only if the files satisfy certain conditions. I have edited the post to reflect this piece of information. I appreciate your contribution and thank you for being an active reader of our blog.

--
Sasi Siddharth
0 Kudos
About the Author

SasiSiddharth

Comments
N/A

dynamic file such as .aspx. The attack will only succeed on cacheable static file types such as .html, .htm, .jpeg, etc."

is this a true statement? Can you provide a link where it says that dynamic content CANNOT be cached in kernel caching.

This seems to indicate that it's possible to cache dynamic content in kernel  caching, albeit with some limitations: http://aspalliance.com/1533_ASPNET_Performance_Tips.7

Did this change in newer IIS versions?

HPE Blogger

Thank you Bart12366 for pointing out this feature. Yes, IIS does allow kernel caching of dynamic files, but only if the files satisfy certain conditions. I have edited the post to reflect this piece of information. I appreciate your contribution and thank you for being an active reader of our blog.

Labels
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event