Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Console

Highlighted
solymars
Acclaimed Contributor

Remote Console

i just installed RILOE II card in an HP Proliant DL380 G4. OS is win 2003 standard R2.

using F8, i was able to setup the card using static ip. i can manage it using a web browser using the card IP and i can power off/on the target server using virtual power.

when i use remote console, i can see the console of the target server but i can not do anything. pressing the ctl-alt-del button at the top does not do anything. when i am testing this, i am logged in a server plugged in to the same switch so i do not believe security/port issues are affecting my remote console issue. also, i had to download and install the java runtime to finally see the remote console. somehow the default security of a win 2003 standard R2 install turns on many security features that prevented the java runtime to be pulled down automatically.

so, my issue is that once i click on remote console - a new browser window opens up and i can see the console of the target server but my mouse & keyboard doesnt seem to work. again, when i click on the ctrl-alt-del button located at the top of this newly opened remote console browser window - it doesn't do anything.

thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Console

Verify the ribbon cable is installed between the RILOE II card and the system board. This relays the heyboard and mouse commands for the remote console.

Question
Is the server connected to KVM switch ?

solymars
Acclaimed Contributor

ACARTES:
yes, the 30-pin ribbon cable is installed between the RILOE II card and the riser-card/motherboard as mentioned in the matrix for my HP Proliant DL380 G4 server.

M.S.SRIVATSA:
it is attached to a KVM. both mouse, keyboard & monitor are functioning properly. i used the provided splitter for mouse + keyboard:

1. KVM switch mouse+keyboard connector going into provided T-splitter.

2. provided splitter plugged into mouse+keyboard combo-port in the RILOE II card

3. mouse+keyboard connectors from provided spiltter going into the target server mouse+keyboard ports

hope the info helps and thank you for your assistance.

Question
1.Are you using both of the following ?
1.The 30-pin cable.
2.External Keyboard and Mouse connectors for RILOE-II.
Please let me know.
solymars
Acclaimed Contributor

1.The 30-pin cable.

YES. Like i stated in my previous response, i am using the 30-pin cable.

2.External Keyboard and Mouse connectors for RILOE-II.

YES, I am using the splitter provided with the RILOE-II card to route my KVM to the RILOE-II card to the motherboard KVM connectors.

Try the following.
1.Remove the external mouse and keyboard connectors.
2.Keep the 30-pin internal cable as it is.

Please let me know the result.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event