Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum
cancel

Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Highlighted
Dan Stebbins
Trusted Contributor.

Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I just get a blank, black screen when connecting to remote console and the timeout message "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". Otherwise iLo works OK. I do have a firewall between my browser and the iLo. Also have version 1.4.1_04 plugin. Does remote console require more than port 443? TIA
4 REPLIES
acartes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

It sounds like your firewall is interfering.

The remote console requires two ports:
The Web Server SSL port (default: 443)
The Remote Console port (default: 23)

Check the iLO Global Settings page for their assignments on your system. Then check the firewall to make sure it is blocking neither of these ports.
Dan Stebbins
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Blank screen in console; java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Thanks. Our problem turned out to be the java plugin version, but the port information is good to know.
django
New Member.

I have the same problem, what was the correct Java version that solved your problem?
Allan Anderson
New Member.

Yes, I'm getting the same error--but I'm using Remote Console Client for Java versino 2.0.0 (build: 10801) on iLO 100 with JRE 1.6.0_19, so I assume the requirements are different.