Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where's the linkage between work-flow step and its request form ?

Highlighted
Jegadeesh Ramam
Super Collector

where's the linkage between work-flow step and its request form ?

Hello,

I'm trying to understand where's the linkage between a work-flow step and its corresponding request form is made ?
How can I check and see this ?

thanks
Jeg
4 REPLIES
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Re: where's the linkage between work-flow step and its request form ?

Hi jeg,

The linkage between the request and a workflow is request status. You create request status in request and map the same to each workflow step. In front end you can see the workflow step where are u present and request status which maps ur request and process.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Jegadeesh Ramam
Super Collector

Thanks Sangiliraja, for the response.

A follow on question...What I'm trying to understand is, for each request type, we can configure a request form for user inputs...correct?
My question is, can there be only one req form for the entire work-flow or is it possible to specify a form for each work-flow step ?

If the above is not possible, then is it possible to modify (ie. add additional fields) the request form of a request type which is already being used ?

The reason for asking this is, I want to add some additional work-flow steps, which need some additional data fields on the req form. But this is req type is already in use by a project.

Hope it is clear...

Thanks
Jeg
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Jag,

First let me explain basic use of Demand Management Requests and workflow. Request Type is a form design which can have n number of fields. The request status define at which status of the request what fields to be made visible, editable and mandatory. Workflow is a digitized process which can have n no of workflow steps. as each step can be assigned to only one request status, when a request is at particular step will be displaying only few vields as you given in the request type.

typically you will be required to change only field dependencies based on workflow step.

Also you can add more workflow steps to an exisiting workflow and as well as request statuses as per your requirement.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.p
Jegadeesh Ramam
Super Collector

Thanks Sangiliraja. I think I need to read up for some more details.
Shall get back for further help/clarifications.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event