Can anyone executed PPM web serv ices from workflow execution step. If so, how can we achieve this. Basically I need to know if any web service ( createRequest or createProject or create staffing profile) with in the workflow step using step commands.
And there is no web services tool kit available for PPM 9.1 ( or for 8.0 ). where can I find.
Thanks for your response. I have called some of the web services from my local system using java program. But how can I use our ppm server to run the same program. Is there any settings ( path settings or jar file generation) that I need to do.
I am unable to compile and execute java client program in server. I am having problem setting path in server inorder to compile and execute the program.Could you please share any sample steps for this scenario.
First of all Enable the web-services in server.conf
Then inorder to compile the Java class follow these steps:
Make sure the Web Service Toolkit is unzipped into a directory WITHOUT space in name.
1) Setup JAVA_HOME environment variable:
Right click on My ComputerPropertiesAdvancedEnvironment Variables, in System Variables panel, if JAVA_HOME variable is set, click on Edit button to change it to the directory where JDK is installed. Otherwise, click on New button to add it.
2) Setup PATH environment variable:
In the same panel, modify the PATH variable to add %JAVA_HOME%\bin; at the beginning.
3) Open a DOS prompt, type java –version, make sure that correct java x..x.x _xx version is printed out on the screen.
4) Change directory to where the PPM Web Service Toolkit is installed ($TOOLKIT_HOME), e.g. c:\ppm.ws, and cd to bin
5) Run compile_client.bat
6) Output should show up in the console indicating that compilation is successful. Press any key as it suggests.
If your server is in UNIX env then the settings must be check/done in .profile file of the system user.
Cheers.. Utkarsh Mishra
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)