I can not get anything in a PPM v9.12 Project's Financial Summary
- Work Plans are MS Project Controlled - I have a project with a pushed schedule that is 41% complete. - I do not have staffing Profiles nor Resources - All background services are running Cost Rate Rule Update, Cost Rollup, Financial Summary Rollup, Task Actual Rollup - I have Cost Rules that look good to me. Only 2. - Project Settings > Cost and Effort has Financial Management enabled. And I have tried different radio buttons and checkboxes. Project Settings > Cost and Effort Time Management is not enabled. - Both PPM Server log files do not show errors - Project was created from a Proposal.
At a minimum I would hope that actual cost would be in the Project's Financial Summary. Based on actual hours and a Cost Rule.
Ok, so let’s verify some settings please to see what we have…
- I have Cost Rules that look good to me. Only 2.
è So, the cost rules are created for what? Resources that are assigned to the workplan tasks? What are the tasks assigned to?
è Make sure that in cost factors, you also have this cost rule category in the priority list (on the right screen and that it is top of the list if you are not using any other cost factors.
You need to have the following settings in Cost and Effort project settings (I’ll assume for a minute that you are using cost rules to calculate planned and actual costs that are supposed to be rolled up from workplan tasks:
Resource Load Settings section:
Work plan task assignments represent the work load imposed by the project
Scheduled Effort in the Work Plan section:
Use Scheduled Effort during planning
… the other settings are optional
Actual Effort in the Work Plan section:
Track Actual Effort per resource assignment
… the other settings are optional
Financial Management section
Enable Financial Management for work plan
Planned labor costs on the work plan will be: Automatically calculated based on scheduled effort and rates
Actual labor costs on the work plan will be: Automatically calculated based on actual effort and rates
Costs on the Financial Summary:
Calculate the actual labor costs from the work plan and time sheets
Calculate the actual non-labor costs from the work plan.
So I’ve created an msp-workplan.
Make sure you only use fields that map per default with PPM
Eg. Actual work: actual effort on PPM side
Make sure that the resources for the task show correctly and that the effort assigned by the task is fully assigned and not unassigned.
I imported the workplan to PPM: Check, shows correct results and the finsum shows planned and actual costs…
Please solve this thread if you are satisfied you have the correct answers.
- When we push a schedule in from MS Project we do not map resources. Seq 0 or task 0 Does show the PPM name of the MS Project pusher under the Resources column. All other seq/tasks are empty under the resource column.
- My cost rule is simple Project/Resource/Role Feb 1,2011 Feb 3,2020 USD 100. I only have two rules but I know it is using this one since when I change the rate. Next run of "Cost Rate Rule Update Service" executes with a duration of 1 sec. Next run of "Cost Rollup Service" processes records. Remarkably we can get by with a simple rule.
- Also, only working with this for a single Project (all others Financial Mgmt is off). For this Project the Financial Management portlet "Project Cost Summary": Has a value for Operating Labor Forecast but 0 for Operating Labor Actual.
- For the project in question project settings for Cost and Effort: Work plan task assignments represent the work load imposed by the project Use Schedule Effort during planning Track actual effort per resource assignment Time Management is off Enable Financiakl Management for work plan
All Cost and Effort settings were already set as you described.
It looks like the effort is unassigned to a resource. I will edit the workplan in PPM and manually assign the effort in the resource column and see what happens.
I was hoping to simply let PPM Project Managers simply push a schedule and forget.