Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

to check a project details from backend.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Pachi
Super Contributor.

to check a project details from backend.

Hi,

I wanted to know the status of a project in PPM, user tells its created but could you please let me know the table which has this information

i used the below query

1. select * from kcrt_requests where request_type_id='30984'

but mine is project:(

Regards,

Pachi

Regards,
Pachi
10 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: to check a project details from backend.

The status information for a project is going to be the same as it is for a request.  Of course, the verbiage for the status is in the kcrt_statuses view where you would like the status_id in the kcrt_requests table to the status_id in the kcrt_statuses view.

Pachi
Super Contributor.

Thanks for your inputs.

I have checked this, i tried checking the request which i am able to see from the front end and i am not able to see in this table.

But i am able to see the status of requests and not projects:(

Please advice, if i am doing somthing wrg.

Regards,

Pachi

Regards,
Pachi
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Looking at your original posted query, you are looking for the request_type_id, not the request_id.  A project is going to have a different request_type_id than other requests.  You would want to use a query that looks like this:

select ks.status_name from kcrt_statuses ks, kcrt_requests kr

where kr.status_id = ks.status_id

and kr.request_id = [REQUEST_ID_OF_PROJECT]

Make sure you are using the request id and not the project id.  Those are two different numbers.

Pachi
Super Contributor.

Thanks a lot:))))) that helped
Regards,
Pachi
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Pachi,

for your reference, you should keep the data model documentation handy for such requests.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

I've found SQLDeveloper (or TOAD for that can tolerate the free version or have the $$$ for the paid one) is more helpful in connecting the dots, if you will, between all of the PPM tables.

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jason,

indeed, a good tool such as SQL Developer can help a lot, but you HAVE TO do it together with the documentation!  I learned the hard way that such things should never be based on assumptions.

cheers

alex

Jason Nichols K
Acclaimed Contributor.

Alex,

I think you missed my point.  The documentation isn't sufficient to get you everything you are trying to pull out.  Prime example: you want to see where in the DB the Project Settings are stored for a project.

I'm not saying throw away the documentation, but I've found it much more efficient to be able to "follow the data" using SQL Developer than trying to dig through a 1300 page document and not find the answer I need.

J

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jason,

I didn't miss your point, I just wanted to point out that I prefer the other way around.

This argument could last for days - there are tons of examples to favour both of us, but I think in the end we agree that both DB scouting and documentation are required.

On another note, I believe that when you have such examples, you(not you specifically, but anyone who encounters such an issue) should raise the appropriate defect to HP.

Cheers

Alex

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Pachi, you can also find it

select project_name, display_status from pm_projects