Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

task 'Priority' field

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

task 'Priority' field

Anyone know what this does? I couldn't find any relevant info in the PM User's guide...

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: task 'Priority' field

Hi Eric,

No idea... but this is what I got in "Project Management User Guide"

Task Priority Field

If the Priority field for a task in HP Project Management is set to greater than1,000, when the work plan information is sent to Microsoft Project, the priorityis set to 1,000. Neither HP Project Management nor Microsoft Project allow atask priority to be greater than 1,000.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eric,

me not be sure either ;-), however, I did find the following in the Solutions Integration Guide as well as in the System Admin Guide (page 218):

"WF_SCHEDULED_TASK_PRIORITY

determines the priority of scheduled tasks. Because scheduled tasks run in the background, it may be useful to run these tasks at a lower priority than the threads servicing user-oriented interactive tasks."

Thus, might be there to determine the priority of the user-based tasks in respect to the scheduled ones to be executed.

Regards,

Dirk

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Erik,

It's about PMI Project Management. As a project manager you can priotize your project tasks. It haven't got any functionalitiy at background, and not trigger something.

Scheduled Task as dirkf said is another topic and not releated with tasks of projects.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect