This thread is resolved, but I would like to expend it abit more since our issue is related to the move_request_workflow.
When moving to an execution step that executes a Worflow Step Command, the command does not get executed when Processing Type is ste to "Immidiate". Manual execution works. Also, other execution types (like PL/SQL function or Token) do get executed with Processing Type ste to "Immidiate". So, only Worflow Step Commands do not get executed.
We tried different ways: we even tried executing the actual procedure kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow. The workflow moves to the execution step no problem, but the execution step does not get executed automatically.
Does anyone know a work around? Any advice would be much apprecited!
(Please note, the scenario is just for testing purposes - no real requirement).
When workflow lands on the second execution step - the command does not get executed - the actions at the UI shows Override options, and the step status is "In Progress" (no errors in the logs or interface_errors table).
If we change Processing Type = Manual, and use UI to execute the second step - everything works OK.
Any more suggestions/ideas? Could anyone try a similar setup in their environment?
This far we tried executing the second command using different methods: Java Script Extension, direct execution of kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow oracle procedure, special commands and even custom PL/SQL functions - all result in the same outcome - the step does not get executed.
Since it works when you execute the step manually, this may be a timing issue where the immediate execution of the command happens before the database updates for the first execution are complete. Try delaying the second move command. This could be done with something simple like the following:
we tried setting timeouts and using sleeps. I think the problem is that no commands are executed at all - not even simple ones such as ksc_comment. I wish I had access to other versions of PPM to see if something got changes in our version...
By the way, one of the symptoms to support your though about something being run before a prerequisit finishes is the log from the second execution step - it does not get created, and UI outputs this error when trying to open the log from the Transaction History (see attached).