syntax for ksc_move_request_workflow command

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

syntax for ksc_move_request_workflow command

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me the exact syantx of special command ksc_move_request_workflow.

I want to use this command in a execution step.. (with Execution Type as "Workflow step commands")

Is it right?

ksc_move_request_workflow
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ= '132'
EVENT_NAME= "FORCE_TRANSITION"
RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE= "Continue"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ= '10'

Thanks!!

Mohit

10 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: syntax for ksc_move_request_workflow command

Try:

ksc_move_request_workflow

REQUEST_ID="12345"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ= "132"
EVENT_NAME= "FORCE_TRANSITION"
RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE= "Continue"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ= "10"

You can find error messages in knta_interface_errors when there are problems. Note that the user that is executing this command needs to have security access on the FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ step.

dlinetsk

This thread is resolved, but I would like to expend it abit more since our issue is related to the move_request_workflow. 

When moving to an execution step that executes a Worflow Step Command, the command does not get executed when Processing Type is ste to "Immidiate". Manual execution works. Also, other execution types (like PL/SQL function or Token) do get executed with Processing Type ste to "Immidiate". So, only Worflow Step Commands do not get executed.

We tried different ways: we even tried executing the actual procedure  kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow.  The workflow moves to the execution step no problem, but the execution step does not get executed automatically.

Does anyone know a work around? Any advice would be much apprecited!

Thanks,

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

We have a number of situations where we move a request to an immediate execution step with workflow step commands and it works fine.

What release level are you running?

Are there any errors recorded in the knta_interface_errors table?

Does the request's transaction history list any errors for the step?

Does the step have a transition defined for "All errors" or "Other errors"?

dlinetsk

Hi Jim,

We are on 9.14.

1. I checked the knta_interface_table - nothing is getting inserted when we try running our setup.

2. No errors are in the step logs on the Transaction History too.

3. The step does have exit transitions on failure.

So, here is our scenario we test against:

Decision step moves to a first execution step that runs ksc_move_request_workflow (Processing Type=Immidiate, Page Response = Finish Execution before showing page).

ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="142449" FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="6" EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Moved" TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="8"

This step is executed OK, the step log says succesful, and the request is moved to the step where we want it to be (the second execution step).

The second execution step is another workflow move command (Processing Type=Immidiate, Page Response = Finish Execution before showing page).

ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="142449" FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="8" EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Moved" TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="4"

(Please note, the scenario is just for testing purposes - no real requirement).

When workflow lands on the second execution step - the command does not get executed - the actions at the UI shows Override options, and the step status is "In Progress" (no errors in the logs or interface_errors table).

If we change Processing Type = Manual, and use UI to execute the second step - everything works OK.

Any more suggestions/ideas?  Could anyone try a similar setup in their environment?

Thanks,

Dmitry

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Does the userid that is executing the first move command have access to the step that is hanging up?

dlinetsk

Yes it does - we are using admin account for both steps. Also, manual execution works - so we can act on step using admin account.

dlinetsk

This far we tried executing the second command using different methods: Java Script Extension, direct execution of kcrt_request_util.move_request_workflow oracle procedure, special commands and even custom PL/SQL functions - all result in the same outcome - the step does not get executed.

We have submitted a case to HP.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Since it works when you execute the step manually, this may be a timing issue where the immediate execution of the command happens before the database updates for the first execution are complete. Try delaying the second move command. This could be done with something simple like the following:

ksc_local_exec sleep 15

dlinetsk

Hi Jim,

we tried setting timeouts and using sleeps. I think the problem is that no commands are executed at all - not even simple ones such as ksc_comment.  I wish I had access to other versions of PPM to see if something got changes in our version...

By the way, one of the symptoms to support your though about something being run before a prerequisit finishes is the log from the second execution step - it does not get created, and UI outputs this error when trying to open the log from the Transaction History (see attached).

Thanks,

Dmitry

dlinetsk

Jim, we tried the same setup on another environment - and everything is working there... So it is our environment related. At this point we did not find why it is not working in our environment. 

I am giving you kudos for your help here.

Thanks,

Dmitry

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event