Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

summary task owner edit of summary tasks

Highlighted
NW
Occasional Advisor

summary task owner edit of summary tasks

Does anybody know what setting need to be set to allow the owner of a summary task to edit those summary tasks/sub project (under the level they assigned). without making the user a PM. to prevent user from editing sections that are not theirs.
4 REPLIES
Mert Kisman
Occasional Contributor

Re: summary task owner edit of summary tasks

Hi,

As far as I know you need to give Edit All Projects access grant to the person to be able to do that(since version 7.0 I think) which actually gives him/her to edit everything.

Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi. This is a missing feature in versions 7 and 7.1 but will likely be reintroduced in the upcoming version 7.5.
At least that is the info I was got so far. You know, roadmaps don't come with guarantees.
Regards
Sascha
Mert Kisman
Occasional Contributor

Well I hope it would come back at 7.5 since it has been asked by many many customers.
As I have said before right now the only solution seems to be giving edit all projects access grant to the possible summary task owners.

Thanks
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

This feature was there till 6.0, when workplans were in Workbench. This was removed in 7.1. Hoping they reintroduce it in 7.5.

Edit All Projects access grant will allow the user to edit any projects in the system. But the better option would be then to make the summary task owners as project managers, thus restricting them from at least modifying others' projects if can't restrict from modifying from other summary tasks of the same project.

Also, if the summary task owner wants to approve time sheets, then that is still available in 7.1 through project type settings.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event