The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared dashboard returns no results after promotion

Highlighted
chateau_1
Super Collector

shared dashboard returns no results after promotion

Hi,

I promoted a request type to a higher level environment successfully, everything checks out fine and all of the new changes were ported over to the higher environment.

However, all of the shared portlet which carried this request type no longer returns any results. It's literally empty. Private dashboards are not affected. It's only the "Shared" portlets that are not pulling any results.

As far as I know, the reference code and the meta data layer view didn't get touched. The only changes that were made were the workflow, request header type, request type.

I also went into to modify the request type in the dashboard and readded it and still no results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Catherine
4 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: shared dashboard returns no results after promotion

Have you hard coded the request type id in module->protlet->datasource.

Secondly if you have migrated the module which have out-of-the-box request list portlet (or any protlet), then you need to reset the preferences in the heigher envirnment, post migration.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
chateau_1
Super Collector

Hi Utkash,

No, I didn't hard code any data source in the module.  In fact, during my promotion, I only promoted the workflow and the request type (which implicitly promotes the request header type as well), other than I didn't migrate anything else, such as modules, objects or user data.

How do you reset the preferences of a portlet?

chateau_1
Super Collector

I could identify the root of the problem to a validation of a field.

This field use a Y/N radio button as its existing validation, however I changed it to a Y/N drop down for the reason that I could use this field on a rule.  Radio button field won't appear in the rule.

I'm still confused as to why this would corrupt the dashboard that doesn't even use this field.  And why can't you change a validation from a radio button to a drop down without any having issues?  I thought validation can be changed anytime, it's not like the TOKEN name is changed.

Anybody ran into this issue?  I'm using 9.13

skbd
Regular Collector

I had what seems to be the exact same issue a few weeks back.

I resolved it by going into every portlet in the shared dashboard and editing the settings.

I did the following:

1. removed the selected request type
2. saved the portlet
3. re-added the selected request type
4. saved the portlet

That resolved it for me.  It was like some database linkages were corrupted and the removal/re-add rebuild those linkages.

Steve

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event