Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

serverLog.txt

Highlighted
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

serverLog.txt

We have our serverLog set to rotate out every 256KB and it keeps 20 files. We are on version 7.5 SP5. My question is, does your instance of PPM fill up all 20 of the log files in just a few hours? I am trying to determine if we have a problem specific to our install or if everyone experiences this same rate of errors. Thank you!
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: serverLog.txt

I guess it depends on how many users you have, and what entries (errors?) you're finding in the logs, but filling up 5MB of logs in a few hours sounds suspect to me.

Have you checked your logging.conf to see if you can scale back the level of logging on anything?
Tim Brandish
Honored Contributor.

All logging options are set to ERROR. A quick snapshot of our usage is 269 users logged in, 11 active in the last minute, 4700 demand licenses issued. Plus we use the web services extensively.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

You might be out of luck then. PPM does seem to generate a lot of 'white noise' type error messages.
Vibhor Dwivedi
Super Contributor.

In the server.conf file, set these parameters to their default values:

com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_DEBUG_LEVEL=NONE
com.kintana.core.server.DEFAULT_USER_DEBUG_LEVEL=NONE
com.kintana.core.server.RMI_DEBUGGING=FALSE
com.kintana.core.server.ENABLE_LOGGING=TRUE

In ppm library in sysAdmin.pdf document you can get more information about logging in ppm.

Valid values:
NONE - No information, (including errors) is
ERROR - Only errors are logged
INFO - Errors and additional information is
DEBUG - Includes verbose debugging messages
ALL - Displays all log messages generated

some times userdebuging from work bench is also enabled you can check that on work bench >>edit >>debug settings

there it should be no debugging information