Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

server start aborted by error message Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

server start aborted by error message Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException

Hello,

after reboot the server, i tried to start ppm from windows services. But now, i always get the following error message:

myServer:1300 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server myServer:1300

Does someone know this problem?

Best regards,

Sascha

3 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: server start aborted by error message Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException

Hi Sascha,

a couple o' questions:

- which version PPM are we discussing? SP?

- Prod, Dev or Test? If cloned, make sure that all necessary settings have been changed;

- what was changed prior to the reboot?

- cluster or single-node? There's often problems with a cluster-db being cloned to dev or test witout cluster-params being removed from server.conf;

- Check your multi-cast settings;

- Remove jdk 1.6.0_21 and switch to something between _07 and _19 - anything above is error-prone;

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Dirk

Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: server start aborted by error message Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException

Try to give FULL permission on the PPM directory to the "PPM User"

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

check to see is port 1300 is available on the DUS30APPSTMAG22 machine. This error usually occurs if one of the ports defined for multicast is not available.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem