cancel

server is not starting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
WissenCarquest
Super Contributor.

server is not starting

As we notofications are not firing from the PPM.

I have stopped the  Server by stopping first service node and then , stopped the user node. Then I ran kUpdateHtml.sh . Then started server by first starting service_node , service _node is started. But when I try to start the user_node(kintana) .

Attached server log.

Thanks,

Nagaraju Belidhe.

5 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: server is not starting

Hi,

the error is pretty obvious in the log:

Failed to connect to server 10.35.5.23:1200 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]]

This error usually occurs when PPM tries to open the port and it is already open. 

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
WissenCarquest
Super Contributor.

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. As i have not done any changes to either serever.conf or ports or any other changes.

Just restarted the services. and got this error. Any suggetions.

Thanks,

Nag

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

so, there are 2 possible reasons:

1. there is another application running in the machine which opens port 1200.

2. PPM was not stopped completely, and if the java executable is still active, it still takes the port.

What I would suggest:

1. use a utility such as telnet or netstat to see which program is opening the port.

2. kill the program and start PPM.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
randull
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

You can try to stop PPM and kill all the java processes, sometimes the java process still running and using the ports. Then restart everything all over again starting from the services node and going one by one till the previous one is done.

Also, set these two parameters in loggin.conf (PPM-Home/conf folder) to initiate notifications debugging in serverlog: 

A) com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.core.notifications, DEBUG

B) com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG

There is no need to restart the instance, since these are loggin.conf and not the server.conf parameters.

After setting these parameters, please wait till the notifications service ran and check the serverlog. Once you are done with that, disable the debugging parameters.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
WissenCarquest
Super Contributor.

Thanks Alex and Randall.