Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Exception thrown by server" uploading work plan throught HP PPM Center Plugin

Highlighted
yeimylorena
Occasional Contributor

"Exception thrown by server" uploading work plan throught HP PPM Center Plugin

Hello!!

when I try  load a work plan  on PPM through HP PPM Center Plugin I get  the error: "Exception thrown by server". Please find the msp log attached.

Thank you!!

Yeimy L. Escobar R.

Yeimy L. Escobar
6 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: "Exception thrown by server" uploading work plan throught HP PPM Center Plugin

Hi Yeimlorena,

this looks like a documented defect to me:

1. 1) Create a project, Shared Mode.
   2) Create a MSP project, task1 has task1.1 and task 1.2, task2,task3, task4, task5.
   3) task1.2's predecessor is task1.1. task2's predecessor is task1.2. task3's predecessor is task2.(Please see the attachment)
   4) Then send this project to ppm.

2. 1) Go to PPM workplan, and you can see the conflict icon for task 1.2, task2 and task3.(Please see the attachment)
   2) Fill the actual info for task 1.2, task 2 and task 3.

3. 1) Do retrieve, these three tasks have the actual info now on MSP.
   2) Now delete task 2 and do update from MSP to PPM, the refresh association will show.
   3) Do refresh assocation, task 2 will show under the end of MSP project.
   4) Then delete task 4(there is no actual info on it), and do update.
   5) The error will show:

om.mercury.itg.exceptions.InfrastructureException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update

Exception Correlation: GUID=8C8672C3-1E18-E63F-D382-22E9EE1B5A07
Generated Time=2010/08/27-00:23:04.061 CST
Server Node Name: SHQA_PPM_81_QC
        at com.mercury.itg.pm.persister.MSPPersister.saveTasks(MSPPersister.java:274)
        at com.mercury.itg.pm.service.impl.WorkPlanServiceImpl$4.run(WorkPlanServiceImpl.java:161)
        at com.mercury.itg.util.HibernateTemplate.doRun(HibernateTemplate.java:200)

I found two defects for this issue, both internal since it hasn't been reported by customers but rather on the fly. Both relate to problems like having deleted task predecessory. Thus, check that all the exceptions in the PPM workplan are resolved and that MSP doesn't introduce any new ones.

Incidentally, BOTH defects speak of a solution that has been validated on PPM 9.12, so regarding that you have two options:

- you are not on that version with SP yet, in which case I suggest to upgrade to that version;

- you are on that version with SP already, in which case I would open a support case.

A third option is that you open a support case and have the issue investigated, but to me the issue seems clear enough based on the problem log lines and if a solution is already implemented in a Service Pack, a hotfix is almost impossible to get unless you'd be at risk to put the environment to a standstill without it, which is not the case here.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Re: "Exception thrown by server" uploading work plan throught HP PPM Center Plugin

Hi,

I confirm what Dirk said, this looks exactly like the issue related to deleting a task with predecessors before trying to send the work plan to PPM.

This has been fixed in PPM 9.12.

I can see two possible workarounds for this issue if upgrade to 9.12 is not planned on the short term:

- First option

1) If the backup of mpp file is enabled upon successful sync, just reload the backup file, but this time don't delete the task with predecessor information.

2) First, remove the predecessor information of the task, then sync to PPM (this should succeed as you are not deleting the task)

3) After the first synch is successful, delete the task since it has no predecessor anymore and synch again. This should not raise the error hopefully.

- Second Option

1) If you don't have access to the backup file of the work plan, create a new empty work plan in MSP, and import the project work plan from PPM. You may have a warning stating that another file is already integrated with this project, but ignore the warning and import the project from PPM. This will import the workplan currently existing in PPM (before you deleted the task with predecessor information). It's actually like re-importing the backup from PPM, but unfortunately you will lose any custom column or formatting you may have done in the mpp file in the process, that's why the first option is preferred if available.

2) Repeat steps 2 & 3 from the first option.

Let us know whether this solved your issue.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

yeimylorena
Occasional Contributor

Hi Etienne and Dirk,

Thank you for your quickly and detailed answer.

Well. the upgrade to 9.12 is not planned on the short term, and I try the workaround second for try upload the work plan but the server error was displayed again later than delete the predecesor information.

"   com.mercury.itg.exceptions.InfrastructureException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update GUID=70D7B5DE-B2A9-A310-A0D2-3DE6A11C3604 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.persister.MSPPersister.setPredecessors(MSPPersister.java:1172) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.persister.MSPPersister.updateTasks(MSPPersister.java:928) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.persister.MSPPersister.saveTasks(MSPPersister.java:199) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.service.impl.WorkPlanServiceImpl$4.run(WorkPlanServiceImpl.java:161) 	at com.mercury.itg.util.HibernateTemplate.doRun(HibernateTemplate.java:200) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.service.impl.WorkPlanServiceImpl.saveTasks(WorkPlanServiceImpl.java:164) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.workplan.msp.delegate.MSProjToITGDelegate.importProject(MSProjToITGDelegate.java:240) 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.workplan.web.ImportMicrosoftProjectAction.doExecute(ImportMicrosoftProjectAction.java:63) 	at com.mercury.itg.common.web.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:169) 	at com.mercury.itg.common.web.PortletTilesRequestProcessor.process(PortletTilesRequestProcessor.java:53) 	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:86) 	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:88) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:111) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:145) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:80) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:108) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:861) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1378) 	at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:51) 	at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59) Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update 	at com.mercury.itg.pm.persister.MSPPersister.setPredecessors(MSPPersister.java:1167) 	... 22 more Caused by: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-02292: integrity constraint (ITG748PRD.FKB22D31197A2FF716) violated - child record found  	at com.mercury.itg.core.persistency.PPMOracleHibernateBatcher.invoke(PPMOracleHibernateBatcher.java:87) 	at com.mercury.itg.core.persistency.PPMOracleHibernateBatcher.doExecuteBatch(PPMOracleHibernateBatcher.java:228) 	... 23 more "

Is there any aditional opcion.

Thanks a lot!!

Yeimy.

Yeimy L. Escobar
JudyZhu
Regular Collector

We experienced the same issue. However we are already on PPM 9.12.

We also got the same error after removing all the predecessors in the mpp file.

Another solution we found is that:

1. Change the control mode to PPM Control;

2. Remove all the actual information if there is any in the work plan;

3. Delete the work plan;

4. Change the control mode back to Shared Control;

5. Then we could upload any mpp file to this empty work plan.

We are going to open a new case to Product Support on this.

Judy

JudyZhu
Regular Collector

Product Support reponsed that R&D logged the following defect:

https://quixy.deu.hp.com/quixy/query/detail.php?ISSUEID=QCCR1L45052

This one has been fixed on 9.14.

Judy
JudyZhu
Regular Collector

Product support replied that R&D logged the following defect:

https://quixy.deu.hp.com/quixy/query/detail.php?ISSUEID=QCCR1L45052

This one has been fixed on 9.14.

Judy
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event