Did you mean: 

problems with portlet definition

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sascha_1

problems with portlet definition

Hello,

i created a new data source, which should select me specific request details. In addition, i also created a related portlet definition (type:list) for that.

At the first glence, everything seems to be worked fine. But some data source columns will not be displayed. That's weird, because the sql statement will show me this columns aswell. I tried some options at the portlet definition and found out, if the column will be mandatory it will display the data but i an wrong layout sequence. If the column is specified optional or at the maximized view section, the column will not be displayed.

Please see the screenshots for a better understanding

Best regards,

Sascha

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: problems with portlet definition

Hi, Sascha,

I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

If you:

- use the portlet within a module - sometimes the module does not refresh the portlet definition instantly; you should check the portlet definition WITHIN the module and then save (mandatory) the module;

- added the portlet manually to a page - if the portlet does not display properly after you re-add it to the page, then you should clear the cache - run kCacheManager.sh A.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sascha,

It's PPM Portlet rules. You don't make wrong anything.

• If a field described as OPTIONAL, it's mean, portlet user can add this field when he/she want from portlet preferences.
  • If a field described as MAXIMIZED VIEW, it's mean, when portlet user maximize the portlet this fields will show.

OK?

PS: Please keep alive our forum via kudos the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Sascha_1

Hi Alex,

if i use the portlet within a module, all optional columns were displayed fine. But without the module (running kRunCacheManager.sh A) it did not work. However, the idea was to use the portlet within a module.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Sascha

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, Sascha,

always welcome! glad to be able to help.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event