Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

please share documents /steps for enabling webservice and and adding workplan tasks using webservice

Highlighted
Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

please share documents /steps for enabling webservice and and adding workplan tasks using webservice

Hi,

Can anyone please share me the steps to enable webservice in ppm 9.14 and steps to add tasks in workplan using webservice.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Navaneethan

5 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: please share documents /steps for enabling webservice and and adding workplan tasks using webser

You can start with web service prgrammer guide.

Then HP has provided the examples to consume web services (all module) and you can acces and test them using web service tool Kit.

Web service tool kit can be accessed/downloaded from <PPM_ROOT>/server/<NODE>/deploy/itg.war/download/webservice

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

Re: please share documents /steps for enabling webservice and and adding workplan tasks using webser

Hi Utkarsh,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure about the webservice.conf settings. When I try to execute the samples, I am getting the below error. Can you please throw some lights on this.

Starting Project Service tests...
Oct 3, 2013 2:19:34 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine prepareRepository
INFO: no services directory found under D:\webservicetoolkit\java
Oct 3, 2013 2:19:34 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1
Oct 3, 2013 2:19:36 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1
Test creating project ...
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
        at com.mercury.itg.ws.pm.client.ProjectServiceStub.createProject(ProjectServiceStub.java:309)
        at examples.pm.ProjectServiceClient.createProject(ProjectServiceClient.java:144)
        at examples.pm.ProjectServiceClient.main(ProjectServiceClient.java:87)

------------------------------

my webservice.conf given below- not sure about the values for encusername,axis version- username and pwd i changed to a valid one.Please clarify

username="admin"

password="admin"

encUsername="ppmservice"

axisVersion="AXIS2"

/>   

<localServer>

<keystoreUsers>

<keystoreUser alias="ppmservice" password="ppmservice"/>

</keystoreUsers>   

</localServer>      

Thanks & Regards,

Navaneethan

Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

hi,

Can any one let me know if we can add subtasks randomly in an existing workplan using webservice?

Eg, I have task like

level1 task1

sublevel1task1

level2task2

sublevel2task2

I need to modify this like

level1 task1

sublevel1task1

sublevel1task2----want to add this suing webservice..is it possible?

level2task2

sublevel2task2

Thanks & regards,

Navaneethan

moriarity123
New Member.

I am also getting error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed
    at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)
    at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
    at com.mercury.itg.ws.dm.client.DemandServiceStub.createRequest(DemandServiceStub.java:1086)
    at request.dm.DemandServiceClient.createRequest(DemandServiceClient.java:223)
    at request.dm.DemandServiceClient.main(DemandServiceClient.java:103)

Did you have any success with resolving?

My client-axis.xml file matches the server side. I can grab the soap message being sent and I see that it is encrypted and is sending the timestamp.

So I am not sure what else it could be at this point.

Navaneethan_A
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Can you please provide your webservice.conf details? like username used ?

Also verify the username you have used is enabled in ppm.

Thanks & Regards,

Navaneethan