SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

password encryption

Hi,

After a database update in tests plateform,
we have to update the authentication mode for the users wich is different in prod and test environment. The field concerned in database is KNTA_USERS.AUTHENTICATION_MODE
but the problem comes with the password. We would like to set the same password for all users, but we failed to do that, due to the encrytion. Does anyone has an idea ?
Thx by advance,

Nadir
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: password encryption

Have you tried using the kEncrypt.sh script to encrypt the password? This should give you a value you can insert into the users table. I assume you are setting the authentication mode to ITG.
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jim,

Thx for answering, indeed i am trying to set the authentication mode to ITG, the problem is that with the encrypted pass, i can't make an update on database, because of an oracle misinterpretation of the password, maybe there are some specials characters. The result is that when i try to run the update, there is a prompt asking me to enter a substituted value. This is an sql problem. I'll try to solve it, but if you ever know the solution ...
Thanx a lot !

Nadir
nadir a
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
a solution has been found. i will describe it, in case it interests someone:
concerning the sql problem, we just need to add the following command:
"set define off". Problem was due to specials caracters wich were interpreted by sqlplus.
The script kEncrypt.sh didn't give me the right encrypted pass (?), so i modified one user's pass via WB then i copy it from the database, in his encrypted form. After that i just run an update on the database, taking care of not to update the administrator user.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

How did you determine that kEncrypt.sh gave you the wrong encrypted password? It will give a different value each time you run it with the same input, but they all are all valid. This is not important if you have a working solution, but it is worth noting.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event