Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

not a valid month error while creating table component

Highlighted
eata
Super Contributor.

not a valid month error while creating table component

Hello;
Our development environment was working propoerly until begining of february. February means Şubat in Turkish. First 3 letter is used in query as ŞUB. and this causes error while inserting on table component table kcrt_table_entries because instead of ŞUB, system tries to insert ?UB.

insert into kcrt_table_entries(table_entry_id,created_by,creation_date,last_updated_by,last_update_date,request_id, parameter_set_field_id,seq,parameter_set_context_id,visible_parameter2,parameter2,visible_parameter3,parameter3,visible_parameter4,parameter4,visible_parameter5,parameter5,visible_parameter1,parameter1,visible_parameter6,parameter6,visible_parameter7,parameter7) select kcrt_table_entries_s.nextval,1,sysdate,1,sysdate,'38670',psf.parameter_set_field_id,bto4s_s.nextval,rd.parameter_set_context_id,'table comp test 3 by ofc','38670','table comp test 3 by ofc','table comp test 3 by ofc','MITM','MITM','AYSE BABAOGLU','AYSE BABAOGLU',to_char(to_date('06-?UB-12','dd-mon-yy'),'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'),to_char(to_date('06-?UB-12','dd-mon-yy'),'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss'),'38670' ,

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01843: not a valid month

The configuration of DEV computer is the same as prod and prod is running properly.

could you help me please.

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: not a valid month error while creating table component

Hi Eata,

this could be an issue with the database. The query that is handed out to the DB is also dependent on the database understanding the characterset. If you are having the same configuration for PPM, doesn't mean that the DB is set up same way. MAke sure that for both DBs you have the same charset.

Best regards,,

Dirk

- Kudosalways welcome -

eata
Super Contributor.

Hi;

I solved problem.

In user account:
Open > Administration > Edit my profile > regional settings
Use default language : English
This solved our problem.

dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Eata,

great to hear that. I'M happy for you.

It would then be fabulous if you would solve this string so everyone can see that no further action is necessary.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

dirk

eata
Super Contributor.

Hi Dirkf;

Thanks for your interest.

I found users with problem with this query:

select ku.username from ppmasya_usr.knta_user_regional_settings ks,ppmasya_usr.knta_users ku
where ks.language_format_code='tr'

Than I enter to the system with this usernames I changed language settings.

You can also run an update query to change language_format_code on knta_user_regional_settings

kinds