Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locking staffing profile data at a point in time

Highlighted
eversd1
Super Collector

locking staffing profile data at a point in time

My management is interested in locking a staffing profile at month end so that no more changes can be made from that point backwards.  We still want the ability to edit the staffing profile for future months.  Why?  Because too many people are wasting time making changes to the staffing profile history to have it reflect reality.  Another thought is that once the staffing profile data is stable/locked, we can export that data into timesheets (for a different reason i don't want to get into here).

Is it even possible to lock down the staffing profile at a certain date, but still allow future changes to be made?  I looked at the Lock Down status, but that does not allow me to make future changes and it affects the Forecast Planning page (what is that?)

thanks for any insight you can provide,

4 REPLIES
Amishra

Re: locking staffing profile data at a point in time

Hello there,

I dont think PPM provides any such feature; it is more of a education and awareness process that the orgranisation needs to invest time in; plus you will need to still do the changes in the past i.e. matching the supply and demand, or if there is a late supply and the pool manager needs to go in and make changes in the past.. etc etc.. You need to consider both the angles i.e. Project wise as well as resourcing wise.. 

As a PPM system admins, we can have a monthly snapshots of the staffing profiles, thereby having data points to compare and so on..

Cheers,

Ajay 

eversd1
Super Collector

thank you Ajay!.  Tell me more about the monthly snapshot of the staffing profiles you as Admins do.  That may work for us.  We need to see what every staffing profile looked like at the end of the month.  How can I easily get a snapshot of all of our staffing profiles at month end?

Amishra

Hello There,

You can do this by setting a timeout in the workflow of the underlying projects which has staffing profiles. You can use the out of the box command ksc_create_baseline_staffing_profile to do so. e.g.

ksc_create_baseline_staffing_profile STAFFING_PROFILE_ID="[REQ.P.KNTA_STAFFING_PROFILE]" SP_BASELINE_NAME="[WFS.STEP_NAME] - [SYS.ITG_TIME_STAMP]"

Cheers,

Ajay

eversd1
Super Collector

thank you for thinking outside of the box for me Ajay.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event