Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ksc_store or workflow auto execution step intermittent failure

Highlighted
Scott A Wood
Regular Collector

ksc_store or workflow auto execution step intermittent failure

We have auto executed workflow steps that update counters and record actual turnover dates in our workflows. This works great 99+% of the time, but sometimes, even though the step completes successfully and no issues are in the logs, the new values are not stored in the request details fields.

I know that there is nothing functionally wrong with the ksc_store and other commands in the workflow’s step execution (since it is working 99+% of the time) and the information can’t be overridden, since they are view only fields. Any idea what the problem could be? I’m at a loss. We are running 9.14 SP7

2 REPLIES
Scorpex

Re: ksc_store or workflow auto execution step intermittent failure

Scott,

have you checked in the DB after running the ksc_store to see if the parameter was actually changed in the DB?

I had an issue that one of the functions would update the request but I was unable to see it until 10 - 15 minutes later because the LAST_UPDATED_DATE was not being changed until 10 - 15 minutes later.

Just a thought!

avinash_k
Occasional Advisor

Re: ksc_store or workflow auto execution step intermittent failure

Hi Scott,

It might would be your workflow steps are not synchronizing, so you are getting intermittent failure while running the workflow step commands. using execution step.

try to update the synchronous flag column true for this workflow in the execution step synchronous table (KWFL_EXECUTIONS_NLS) and then run that execution step.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event