Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ksc_move_request_workflow - Additional Help/Details requested

Highlighted
Alex Madison
Super Collector

ksc_move_request_workflow - Additional Help/Details requested

Hello,
I have several projects, all of which need to be moved from one step to the other. FOr this process, ksc_move_request_workflow special command must be used as below:
ksc_move_request_workflow
REQUEST_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="1"
EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Complete"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="2"

I would appreciate if someone could help me give further details for the following questions I have:
We have an execution step between Step 1 and Step 2. Should I include the above ksc_move command in this execution step?

How do I execute this command so that all the existing project request type could transition and move to step 2 (Completed)?

Thanks a lot, this explanation wouldl provide me better understanding!
Regards,
Alex!

5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ksc_move_request_workflow - Additional Help/Details requested

Alex, Good Day.
I use this and all working
ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="123456"
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="4"
EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Review"
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="7"
Good Luck
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I Hope we should not use Quotes for a Request ID(Numbers), and that too, Double quotes should not used.

try this

ksc_move_request_workflow
REQUEST_ID=[REQ.REQUEST_ID]
FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ=1
EVENT_NAME='FORCE_TRANSITION' RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE='Complete'
TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ=2

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Ho... it is commands, Please try with values initially instead of Tokens, if it works then try with Tokens.

I think request token quotes should be the problem, Sorry if I am wrong.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Aravinth
Super Collector

Hi Alex,

I guess you have few requests sitting in Step1. My understanding is you want to know what would be the trigger which will move all requests from Step1 to Step2.

If so, you need to have a transition(a Timeou for example) coming out of Step1, check if it is time to invoke the special command, then direct the request from step1 to the execution step and move the request which ever step you want to push the request to.
But to address this for many requests,you need to find some way to loop through all request numbers and call this special command.Since we found it difficult,we had directly invoked the procedure behind this special command(Kcrt_Request_Util.move_request_workflow) to process all our requests and move them from Step1 to Step2.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aravinth
sradtke
Regular Collector

Hi,

i also have a problem by using the special command. In the description of the command, it is described that the "result_visible_value" is the text, which the user would see on the button.

The command works fine until you enter a visible value with a blank. Then i get the following error:
---------------------------------------------
(KNTA-10127) Could not understand the parameter is while parsing the command com.kintana.crt.server.KSCMoveRequestInWorkflow REQUEST_ID="204583" FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="6" EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="HDR is valid" SCHEDULE_DATE="[SCHEDULE_DATE]" DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID="[DELEGATE_TO_USER_ID]" TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="7"
---------------------------------------------

Does anyone has an idea to fix the problem with values including blanks?

Thx
Sascha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event