Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

ksc_move_request_Workflow for Approve-All ASteps

Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

ksc_move_request_Workflow for Approve-All ASteps

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has tried using "ksc_move_request_Workflow" special command to push a request from "Approve-All" step.
We have a WF with execution step which can pretty easily push a request from a step which just requires one approval becasue ITG Admins are included in all those steps as well. However, for obvious reasons, we cannot inlcude admins in "Approve-All" Steps. So, when there is a need to push such requests, the request does Not move even though execution command completes successfully. When I check the KNTA_INTERFACE_ERRORS table I see that there is "Workflow step is not eligible" error. I tried changing the field value to myself before runing again but that didn't help either.
Does anyone has any suggestion how we can move such requests waiting on "'Approve-All" Steps utilizing "ksc_move_request_Workflow" special command. That would have solved a lot of our problems.
Thanks in advance for any kind of input you can provide.
-Raj
7 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ksc_move_request_Workflow for Approve-All ASteps

I am currently building a request similar to yours and have hit a similar issue. The only solution I have thought of so far is to add an entry to kwfl_workflow_step_security for the current user on the From step, execute the move command, then delete the step security entry. I have not tried this yet but it seems like it is worth a try.
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Jim.
I was thiking along the same line but haven't been able to move too far with the idea yet.
I see that Same special command also has DELEGATE funcitonality. May be that would be easier way out. I wonder what the EVENT_NAME value would be if we want to delegate instaed of push a request.
- Raj
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Jim,
will you be able to let us know if you get any progress in updating the step security for the "Approve-All" step with an execution command. My attempts so far haven't been successful yet.
Thanks in advance.
-Raj
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Raj,

We have a SQL script (running 7.5) which does this by running kwfl_txn_int.insert_row() and kwfl_txn_int.run_interface_specify_commit(). The event name we're using is 'APPROVAL_DELEGATE'

Hope this helps.
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the tip Eric !
But, I see that "Delegate To" parameter exists in "ksc_move_request_Workflow" special commands, so shouldn't we be able to DELEGATE a request simply utilizing this special command? It could be so much simpler. Mine just doesn't work though.
-Raj
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's exactly what we're doing here. See enclosed.
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

I was able to add temporary security access to the From step with the following:

insert into kwfl_workflow_step_security (workflow_step_security_id,creation_date,created_by,last_update_date,last_updated_by,workflow_step_id,security_type_code,user_id,exclude_flag)
values ([SECURITY_ID],sysdate,[SYS.USER_ID],sysdate,[SYS.USER_ID],[REQD.P.FROM_STEP],'USER',[SYS.USER_ID],'N');

I have not tried this with an Approve-All step but I did find that the Workflow cache needed to be cleared to get this change recognized consistently. Maybe you are just seeing a caching issue.