Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ksc_copy_request

Highlighted
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

ksc_copy_request

I was using ksc_copy_request and it was working great when I used it in a simple WF.
In my current project, I got a very big form (3 batches), and I am trying to use it in a sub workflow.
In the output of the step it says Succeeded but it does not copying the request. There are no new requests that created.

I used this:
ksc_copy_request FROM_REQUEST_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]" REQUEST_TYPE_ID="[REQ.REQUEST_TYPE_ID]" WORKFLOW_ID="30457" COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP="Child of this Request" SUBMIT="N"

the 30457 is the id of the parent workflow

Please advice

Sagi
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ksc_copy_request

Hi Cris.
The ksc_copy_request command not support copy from project to another project. It's only possible for copy to non-project request. In additional information see attachment
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

Since I Opened this subject, I found out that not all the requests react the same way.
The entire requests are PFM proposals.
If the original request contains a table component with entries, it failed!!!
It still gives a succeeded result but do not create and copy the request.
If the original request contains a table component without entries, it works.

Please advice
Sagi

p.s

we use PPM 7.1 sp6 over Linux

Sagi
Cris Robin
Regular Collector

I was jumping to conclusions.
I do not understand the inconsistently of this ksc_copy command.
The most of the request do not copy but two.
I even copied all the field values from the request that do copy to one that do not and it still do not copy.

Any idea????

Sagi
vignesh_lingam
Acclaimed Contributor

The copy request command will preserve data only if the target request type has identical field token as the source field token.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

PPM 7.1 is a very old release and I believe there has been significant fixes to this command since then. Advice based on the behavior in current releases may will not be relevant to your system. I vaguely recall issues like yours when we were running 7.5. One thing I can point you to, though, is a table in the database that holds error messages generated for some of these commands. I think the name was something like knta_.....error.....

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event